Articles from Gunter Manufacturing (worth a read or two):
- May 15, 2017: How much exactly does a poorly ventilated house cost extra to cool every year?
- April 21, 2017: 5 easy and cheap things to make your home safer from fire.
- April 22, 2017: 5 more relatively easy and effective ways to fire-proof your home!
More to come soon:
- What is the wildland-urban interface, and why should you know about it?
- Why continuous soffit vents are one of the best ways to vent your attic space when used with a gable or dormer vent.
- Why defensible space may not really be enough.
- Ember attack: a storm of (miniature) flaming arrows.
- Vents that protect your house from embers.
- What simple things would have given Chicago a chance in 1891?
- The fire-proof vent that doesn’t work. This competitor’s vent just doesn’t do what it says! We name names.
- Avoiding mold and fungus from getting in and killing a good building.
- Keeping ice dams from forming on your roof during your winter (and ruining everything).
- You’ve installed a solar system on your roof. Here’s what you may want to do next to save money on energy.
- There’s a way to upgrade your building’s ventilation to become fire resistant without replacing any vents.
- Let’s say you want to go all-out. Money is no object. Aside from upgrading my vents, here’s what you can do to make your place fire-proof.
- What kind of vents do you have in your building? A flow chart.